Thursday, March 22, 2012

Favorite textiles and gorgeous furniture


I have loved Rubelli textiles, founded in Venice in 1858,  as long as I can remember, my mother used them in our family’s houses and I have used them for my houses and often for clients. When in Venice one of the treats for me is to go to their showroom at Palazzo Corner Spinelli on the Grand Canal (you can see images on my previous blog “Rubelli in Venice” HERE) and of course there is a beautiful showroom also in Milan where I go often (images on my previous post “Rubelli in Milan” HERE).
In 2005  Rubelli bought Donghia, with its lines of furniture, textiles and lighting, founded by Angelo Donghia in the 60’s.

Rubelli-Donghia Venice 2010
Rubelli-Donghia Venice showroom


Angelo Donghia
From Donghia website: “ A fine aesthetic sensibility, discerning eye for quality and concern for comfort in the complete lifestyles that he created made Angelo Donghia one of America’s most influential interior designers. His style, characterized by simplicity of line, purity of materials, boldness of form and sensual textures and shapes, was sought after by many”.

In the 70’s “Angelo Donghia became so renowned throughout the country for his look that the Detroit News called him “the Saint Laurent of sofas” while Angelo Donghia himself noted, “The liberation we’ve achieved through clothing has happened to furniture.” He received many awards and he was also, posthumously, inducted into the Interior Design Hall of Fame.


Rubelli - Donghia Milan
Rubelli-Donghia Milan Showroom

A few images from I Saloni, Milan 2011, reflecting Donghia’s style.


Donghia Milano I Saloni 


Donghia Milano I Saloni 


Donghia Milano
Donghia furniture and lighting plus Rubelli textiles…
a winning combination of refined luxury.

©2012 Brillante Interiors writes about new trends, timeless decor, iconic pieces, design ideas, or at times just musing about "a certain Italian way of doing things".

If you need help to enjoy your home more, please send me an email.  It will be an investment in happiness at home, a well designed house is always a good part of a great life and a beautiful room will make you happy every time you walk in!


If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click HERE and go to the comments section. You’ll make me happy!

3 comments:

Norine said...

Great post! We are going to Milan in May, as well as Venice.
If you were going to plan a day in Milan for someone who loves modern design, what would you recommend?

peggy braswell said...

I also adore Rubelli textiles + Donghia. Donghia has a grand showroom in the PDC in LA. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Brillante Interiors said...

Norine...read my other blog (Brillante Travel)specifically on Milan, you can find the icon on the right side of my main blog. Of course in this blog I also have several posts on Milan.
Enjoy your trip.

 
Clicky Web Analytics