Saturday, June 4, 2011

Timeless elegance


Poltrona Frau at I Saloni 2011, Milan, presented the skeleton of a sofa, manufactured with superb skills.
I personally have sofas from Poltrona Frau acquired in 1970, still super comfortable and with so simple lines that make them timeless.

P1050590

Poltrona Frau desk and chair as seen at I Saloni 2011 in Milan.

P1050591

P1050592

Poltrona Frau table and chairs as seen at I Saloni 2011 in Milan.

Buy less but buy the best you can afford!

Photography ©by Albarosa Simonetti
©2011 Brillante Interiors writes about new trends, timeless decor, iconic pieces, design ideas, or at times just musing about "a certain Italian way of doing things".

If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click HERE and go to the comments section.
I love to hear from you!

6 comments:

annechovie said...

I still remember the store windows of Poltrona Frau in Rome....lovely always. Have a great wknd! xo

peggy braswell said...

Yes, buy the best you can afford. Such good advise+great post. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Dovecote Decor said...

You keep me well within the loop. Thank you for expanding my horizons. I do sincerely hope to follow you through Milan someday.
Best,
Liz

Karena said...

Excellent advice Albarosa!

Come and enter my awesome $250 Giveaway from Tracy Porter!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Claudia Juestel said...

Nice to see the quality of construction. I so agree with you, always buy the best you can afford, food, fashion or design.

Have a great Sunday Albarosa.

Cheers,

Claudia

VICTORIA said...

Divine chandelier!Great advice and the post are just gorgeous!

 
Clicky Web Analytics