Friday, December 10, 2010

Good-bye turquoise? Welcome 2011 new color?




Pantone 2011 color

2010 is ending and with Christmas and horoscopes for the new year here comes also an anticipation of trends... are you ready for 2011?
PANTONE® 18-2120 Honeysuckle: this is the color chosen by Pantone for 2011, a color full of life, will Honeysuckle red  bring energy in a time of stress? 2010 turquoise represented an escape to the ocean, to exotic places, now we come back to reality with a color that talks about self esteem and good mood, a color that says good-bye to sadness and hello to happiness and energy; get ready to start seeing it everywhere, from high end boutiques to nail paint.
cnd-smoochie-nail-polish240 
CDN Smoochie color


coty2011_color_themes

Fashion for Spring and Summer

Pantone said of this color: "Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.”

pantone-color-of-the-year-2-1291919732

muriel_brandolini
Muriel Brandolini d'Adda, one of my favorite designers, will be happy to use this dynamic reddish pink.

dining_5
livingrooms_51
So will be Alessandra Branca, never afraid of colors in her interiors.

pink-living-room-0606_xlg
and Mary McDonald...

Do you spot the trend also in Grant K.Gibson's project for Elle Decor?

12-10-2010 12-14-56 AM
Even Sophia looks happy...in a vibrant colored kitchen by GeD Cucine.

I personally don't follow trends, I love all colors if used harmoniously and if they reflect where I am in life, this particular color, as the other similar hues full of energy I would use with wisdom.

Now it is your turn: what do you think about this so called new but to me timeless color? 
Have you used it in the past? Will you use it soon?

If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a message please click HERE and go to the comments section.
I love to hear from you!

8 comments:

mosaicology said...

I love it.
I knew it was coming, everybody was talking about pinks.
I am particularly glad because I have been knitting a scarf in black and pink..will be in vogue right?
kindest regards mia donna brillante!

Heavycats said...

NO!!!!!!!i dont like shocking color as PANTONE or pink,i prefer the relaxing and dreaming colors as torquoise.

Fedulab said...

Adoro questo colore e non vedo l'ora di sfoggiare i nuovi colori primaverili.
Complimenti per il blog.

K&B by the Sea said...

I'm not a huge fan of pink in general, but I do like the deeper & more vibrant shades of pink. I won't be painting any rooms in my home Honeysuckle, but perhaps it'll make its way into a room or two as accent colour :-)

Claudia Juestel said...

I totally agree with you Albarosa, and I believe that interiors should be more timeless considering how clients invest in their homes.

I seem to be off trend most the time when it comes to color since I often have to scour the world for fabrics in the right color I am envisioning. In Spring it was an orchid purple, this Summer the right shade of peacock blue. I have even custom-dyed or custom-embroidered fabrics to achieve the goal. But it is not something you can do with many fabrics.

Cheers,

Claudia

Sharon said...

thanks for taking the time to stop bye. I popped over to your blog and love your decorations. I'm in love with the new pantone colour and love the references you used :) I did see the movie "I am Love" and drooled buckets for the home ...
Thanks again

trendoffice said...

I expect that this choice of Pantone will have more success than turquoise - although it was liked by many, turquoise did not get large popularity among producers and designers.

Colette said...

great post! im about to do one on pink too...though i had no idea this was being forcast. I did my Barbados house in coral pink and i have to say its a pleasure to be in.

 
Clicky Web Analytics