Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rugs and more rugs

One of the things I really admired during the Design Week in Milan was the variety of rugs exhibited at the Fair and around the city in different installations.
Here are just a few examples:

I Saloni 2010 066

I+I Rugs

I Saloni 2010 068

Paolo Giordano from I + I creates new rugs with traditional patterns, a clever mix of old and new.

I Saloni 2010 293



I Saloni 2010 072
A different, whimsical shape for Patricia Urquiola’s rugs.


I Saloni 2010 290
The look of an antique rug for a contemporary one at Moroso’s showroom.



11_b_ospitiinattesi[1]
An extravagant rug by Luca Nichetto for Nodus, the different pieces are tied together with several short ribbons so I guess they can be composed in different shapes and sizes.


I Saloni 2010 371
An explosion of colors and patterns.



I Saloni 2010 394
And talking about color of course Missoni (more on the brand new Missoni Home Milanese showroom in a future post) who this year has chosen a pattern of Pixels for some creations, quite appropriate for the digital time we are in.
A rug creates and defines a space and can enhance any interior, making it more luxurious or just more comfortable, colorful and elegant.

5 comments:

qerat said...

Brialliant love the I+I rugs.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Oh my! Fashion runway for the floor! I love the original ideas and the creativity of combining the old and new.
Love keeping up with you on your adventure.

Liquid Rubber Videos said...

I love the way you have presented the post with us buddy. Its hard to find the quality information but you have done this job.

Willow Decor said...

I loved all the photos! Some creative ideas!! My favorite though is the ottoman! My mind is reeling thinking how I could use antique carpet fragments to make some stunning designs!
xx-Gina

DesignTies said...

Wow, so many great rugs!! The unique shapes of some of them are really cool. There's no rule that says a rug has to be square or rectangular :-)

Kelly

 
Clicky Web Analytics