Sunday, October 30, 2011

Can you guess?

                              
   
As designers and design lovers we all know that there are unique pieces of furniture and accessories designed and produced by iconic companies with a high retail price. We all know that at times, due to budget constraints, we need to resource to lower price items, trying to maintain the appeal of the original vision.
I am totally against knock-offs, which are counterfeit and should be avoided at any cost, but I appreciate the effort of  companies in creating valuable alternatives to expensive items.

A magazine I follow (which I will mention only in the “answer post” later this week) has a great game every month publishing pictures of the same room with different price points.
Now it is up to you to scrutinize carefully every single element of the two rooms below and give me an answer:

Which room has a higher price?

Mention one element, or more if you like, that inspired your answer.

Room # 1
Living room High or Low?
High or Low?


 


Room # 2
Living room High or Low?
High or Low?


Warning: this game may become addictive!

Hope you have fun, the answers will be published all together at the end of next week and please don’t comment on Facebook, but only on this post, so nobody can see the answers before they are published by me.

The first correct answer will have “an honorable mention” and a link to their website or blog.

Designer and photographer names for this project will be revealed soon.

©2011 Brillante Interiors writes about new trends, timeless decor, iconic pieces, design ideas, or at times just musing about "a certain Italian way of doing things".

If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click HERE and go to the comments section.
I love to hear from you!

17 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

I love budget friendly alternatives!

A CRITIC'S EYE said...

I think the first picture is the high, and the wall paper and the pink pillow are the most obvious give away for me. The pillow is filled with feathers (more expensive) because of the way it is fluffed and finished; fabric et all, and the wall paper, the design is not as weak as the first. Hope I am right.

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Room #1 has the higher price. The fabric for the couch pillows seem to be of a higher quality and print.

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Room #1 is the higher priced room. The fabric on the pillows appear to be of a higher quality and print.

diane said...

I am going to choose room #1...the details on the pillows, the saturation of color and the finishes just look more expensive but I could be surprised!

Champagne Macarons said...

My quess is the top photo is the more expensive room. I guessed this room by looking at the legs of the chair and the fabric of the ottoman.
xoxo, B

Natalie said...

Room #1 has a higher price. The wall paper looks more elaborate, the cushions are silkier in texture and the print more luscious. Overall ambience is more luxurious.

Anonymous said...

wow, you have to look a second time, but the wall paper, mirror and fabric used on the pillows show the higher end is room one.

Claudia Juestel said...

They did a really great job, but I am pretty confident Albarosa that the first one is done at the higher price.

Cheers,

Claudia

Natty SB said...

#2 is the 'High'... can't pinpoint what exactly it is, I it simply looks far more expensive! :)

Pietra Brandolini said...

Room #2-the lamp, the ottoman, the chair, the side table, the wallpaper detail...all say quality--love the alternative, very well done...Linda B

the modern sybarite ™ said...

This could be addictive!!!!! Love it. I think the 2 is most expensive. The mirror, chest and side table have lines that perhaps make them more expensive than their counterparts in the 1 photo.

Anonymous said...

I know the answer, I know the answer! But I'm going to wait and see what everyone else says.

Anonymous said...

I choose rm #1 because of the flokati rug, which is generally more expensive than a shag rug.

Anonymous said...

The first one is the budget option. I first made this judgment based on the design of the chest-of-drawers.

Brillante Interiors said...

If you answered # 2 don't feel bad. Margot Austin loves to trick us!

Anonymous said...

Please could you tell me where to find the game - I lost the game and would love to play again to get it right!
Huge thanks
Charlie

 
Clicky Web Analytics