Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinteresting

 
After a few weeks of trials and errors I am finally able to use Pinterest and now… just what I needed… I am hooked to that too.
Do you already know about Pinterest?  It is a great way of organizing and sharing pictures, your own or the ones that most appeal to you online.  I use it as a reference digital book for inspiration and also to relax looking at beautiful images of interiors. I admit, sometimes it gets too intense, like craving for sweets and reading patisserie books with vivid images of scrumptious pastries!

226235581250961198_eRV7vqUb_c

I must be very careful though, between blogging and Facebook, lots of time goes without noticing (I am not really keen on Twitter yet, even if I use it at times, but I found it difficult to follow…most of the time I don’t know what people are talking about, like:
#circus@xyz… you are right!  (about what? mystery…sometimes there is no thread of the conversation)
or
at XYZ cafe’ right now having a tall macchiato caramel with a hint of cinnamon
(no idea why people want you to know they are having coffee right now…do I need to know?)
Facebook is always more fun even though at times I need to delete a few people who I obviously did not accept carefully but it was very exciting in the beginning to be asked to be friends so I jumped on everyone (not literally) and now I am slowly editing my list because I want it to be mostly for business, to learn from others, to be exposed to new ideas, to connect with similar minds (or with totally different ones that can bring me a wider vision of my world).


Beth Collier
Beth Collier design


29203097553432516_LV6zLplk_c

Pinterest is a fast way of keeping informed on Interior decoration, since many Pinners (? is this the word for users of the system?) download not only their projects but also images from magazines.


218213544414440173_aGrf0wcL_c

Through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and of course my Blog I made so many new contacts with artists, designers, writers, photographers, architects and some I may even consider “virtual friends” since at times we exchange personal emails or we are able to meet in person.


14214555043666547_RfSHyzP3_c2


237424211575125298_qdDEvgAf_c2


250442429247882575_l9ajwLUq_c
Nancy Marcus design


44613852528182476_0W9erIS8_c
Irene Turner design


214343263484692854_jhEFT93F_c

I had to limit my virtual friends named in this post to just a few, chosen randomly between old friends from blogging and new ones from Facebook or Pinterest but you can see what I mean:  great inspiring ideas.

So…are you Pinning? What are you waiting for?
Start now to create your own Pin Board and let us know your Pin-Name, it will be adding to mine and my readers collection of beautiful, inspiring images.
Share with us what you think about social media, are you part of some?

©2012 Brillante Interiors writes about new trends, timeless decor, iconic pieces, design ideas, or at times just musing about "a certain Italian way of doing things".

If you need help to enjoy your home more, please send me an email.  It will be an investment in happiness at home, a well designed house is always a good part of a great life and a beautiful room will make you happy every time you walk in!

If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click HERE and go to the comments section.

8 comments:

Scot Meacham Wood said...

hey sweetie,

Yes, Pinterest is a great way of sharing and cataloging your fav pictures! And thanks as well for including my kitchen in your great round-up of images!

Cheers,
Scot

peggy braswell said...

I adore Pinterest + facebook! Twitter, not so much. Love your blog. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

MJH Design Arts said...

Hi Albarosa, My daughter made me sign up last week and now I keep hearing about Pinterest everywhere.. so much confirmation. Now I need to get busy and learn how to do it. Amazingly, some one pinned me a couple of weeks ago and I had no idea of what that meant. Hope that you are well and busy. Mary

G. said...

I liked the Merrill. Couldn't tell where painting ended and objects began.
Your entire selection has very similar feelings. Interesting.

Linda Merrill said...

Hi Albarosa - thanks so much for including me with so many other talented designers! I agree abt Facebook - I'm there for business and have been slowly culling down my list. Love Pinterest, but only for how it supports my process when designing or writing, otherwise, it all can get too much!

Velvet and Linen said...

Pinterest is so addicting!
I love seeing the boards people create.
Thank you for including my little garden.
I'm off to see what other pictures you've saved...

o
Brooke

Anonymous said...

OK, now I am in SO much trouble!!!!! You inspired me to figure it out and now I can't look away. I think my next office "chair" might have to be a treadmill!!!!!

Marcus Design said...

My dear friend, thank you for including me in this lovely post! I'm honored. I am like you, I could spend a lot of time on Pinterest, there is an overdose of inspiration there! I have also enjoyed keeping track of sources by pinning images and categorizing them to. Oh it could get dangerous!!

I hope you are doing well Albarosa, hope to see you again soon!

Nancy xo

 
Clicky Web Analytics