Friday, December 30, 2011

Greetings from Genoa

The Italian hero Giuseppe Garibaldi looks far away for new adventures

Genova, correct Italian spelling, is a charming, elegant city in the Liguria region, close to Portofino and the Cinque Terre. Due to its glorious past it is called La Superba or "the Superb one".
Genova is in fact a city rich in art and a major seaport. The medieval old section, the biggest in Europe, is a labyrinth of alleys rich of ancient palaces, Romanesque churches, little piazzas and it was inscribed on the World Heritage List (UNESCO).








Palazzo Bianco




Palazzo Rosso











Un saluto da Genova!


Photography © by Albarosa Simonetti


©2011 Brillante Interiors writes about new trends, timeless decor, iconic pieces, design ideas, or at times just musing about "a certain Italian way of doing things". 

If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click HERE and go to the comments section. 
I love to hear from you!


2 comments:

MyFavoriteFrenchAntiques said...

Love the door closeup. I often shoot photos of doors on my travels....the hardware, texture, shapes appeal to me.

Claudia Juestel said...

Love, love Genova! My most exuberant uncle who sadly passed away few years ago was from there. He was a huge delight to me when I was a kid, the Genovese sprit.

I have not bee in years. Thank you for inspiring me to visit again soon Albarosa. Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Claudia

 
Clicky Web Analytics