Thursday, March 31, 2011

The joy of Spring


California? France? Tuscany?
No…this is a house in the center of Milan, where in Spring the lucky owners can start dining outdoor. What I love here is the simplicity of the wrought iron pergola, the industrial feeling of the building, the choice of greenery and the touch of white flowers in tune with the white canvas on the classic wooden chaises. A few candles create more atmosphere and the table as you can see is set in a very elegant, but still unpretentious way.
I find this image absolutely charming.

Photography Adriano Brusaferri for Bravacasa

©2011 Brillante Interiors writes about new trends, timeless decor, iconic pieces, design ideas, or at times just musing about "a certain Italian way of doing things".
If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click HERE and go to the comments section.
I love to hear from you!

10 comments:

Linda in AZ * said...

* I find this to be SOOOO charming~~~ it's lack of pretention is most appealling...

Thanks for sharing!

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Greet Lefèvre said...

Beautiful!! Charming!!! I filed the picture for my summer parties!
Thank you so much for sharing!
xx
Greet

Unknown said...

I would love to live there!

xo,
amanda

Anonymous said...

love the setting, elegant and pretty and like you say, "unpretentious"....
and thank-you for your thoughtful words on my post from yesterday...
maureen

quintessence said...

Love this beautiful terrace but especially knowing that it is in the middle of the city - the best of both worlds. What lucky homeowners!!

Dale at Hospitality Design Inspirations said...

It's beautiful! I'd love to spend an entire evening there with some good friends and good food and good wine. It's perfect.

annechovie said...

I love this setting, Albarosa. I need to visit Milan one day. Have a great week. xo

mary said...

I love the unexpected sterling, crystal and porcelain in a tent-like setting--perfect counterpoint.

My Sweet June said...

I love all the greenery! Thanks for sharing!

Sue Ann said...

Love this! Just back from first visit to Italy... So glad to have found your blog!

 
Clicky Web Analytics