Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Fuori Salone" Britishness

 Paul Smith, the English fashion designer, has cooperated with Moroso and Icon magazine the exhibition "British Design Embassy" on Made in England creativity during the International Furniture Fair in Milan.   Smith said: "The week of Salone del Mobile is the Design event most important in the world and I am very happy to represent England here". He selected the best names of English Style, including new talents like Pinch.
Exceptional background was the Modern Art Gallery at the Neo-classical
"Villa Reale"  in Milan.

paul_smith_04


"Supernatural" chairs by Ross Lovegrove for Moroso
Sofa "Misfits" by Ron Arad for Moroso
paul_smith_03


Desk in lacquered wood by Pinch Design, "Open chair 080" by James Irvine for Alias, "Wired lamp" by Something from Nothing.
paul_smith_06


Vivid colours of real flowers photographed and printed on cotton by Paul Smith.
paul_smith_05

Photography by Mara Bottini

You may also like to read:
"Fuori Salone" Karim Rashid
Oh, Man, it's a Ray" at "I Saloni"
" I Saloni" Recession Style
"I Saloni" directly from Milan
"I Saloni" (The Satellite Salone)
Salone del Mobile 2009, Milano

3 comments:

qerat said...

Great talent
Always an admirer of Smith's work

Maria Killam said...

Yes that fabric is stunning! I need some of that to go with the post I just wrote :)

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

The yellow lamp with the black lampshade is my favourite.

 
Clicky Web Analytics